Merry Christmas Eve, y’all! I spent most of the day cooking and cleaning, since we’re hosting my family tomorrow for Christmas. Tomorrow I’ll be putting down my phone and spending quality time with them. But today, I had to take a minute to share with you my favorite after Christmas sales because I seriously look forward to this ALL year!
Shopping the sales after Christmas is truly an experience. My best friend and I have been going together for years, and we always have so much fun! This is when I buy all of my Christmas decor and gift wrapping materials. Most items are discounted at least 50%, so you can practically buy in bulk and still not spend a ton of money. It also reduces stress during the holidays the next year because you already have everything you need on hand to decorate your home and wrap your gifts.
In my experience, the key to a successful shopping trip after Christmas is to pick one store that you want to shop the most, and go there first. There will probably be a crowd, so you’ll want to get there early. I would recommend 30 minutes before opening for most stores, but some stores like Crate & Barrel may have lines up to an hour before opening. See list below.
You can also shop online, but inventory goes fast. Make sure you have your favorite items picked out in advance, so you can check out before they run out!
Here are the stores I’m planning to shop, in this order:
- Kirkland’s – they have some amazing Christmas home decor this year in lots of different styles, and for excellent prices!
- Pier 1 – this is a must for us every year. They have some of the most gorgeous Christmas home decor, and the discounts are great!
- At Home – this is the mecca of Christmas home decor, and they also have a great selection of gift wrapping materials. Definitely go here first if you’re looking for Christmas lights, artificial trees or yard decor. This place cleans out early and fast!
- Macy’s – they have some of the most beautiful ornaments, and also the best selection of holiday serving ware and textiles, like guest towels and tablecloths.
- Hobby Lobby – even though they start their sale before Christmas, it’s still fun to shop here after Christmas because the selection of gift wrap is unbeatable! They usually have a ton in stock, so you don’t have to get there super early (unless you’re looking for an artificial tree, those usually go fast).
- Crate & Barrel – this used to be our first stop every year, because of the gorgeous Christmas decor, variety of ornaments and beautiful serving ware. Definitely get here early. Ours in Houston usually has a line starting an hour before they open.
Shopping the sales after Christmas is a really fun way to spend time with family and friends after the holiday is over, and of course, that’s really the best part about the whole experience.
My best friend and I have so many fun memories from our time together shopping the sales after Christmas! One of our traditions is to get breakfast together at McDonalds after hitting our first store. It’s how we fuel up for the rest of the morning 🙂
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas, wherever you are! For those of you who struggle this time of year, I hope you know that you’re not alone. The holidays can be hard for those of us who have lost loved ones, or for many other reasons. I hope you know how much you are loved by God today, right now in this moment. He is always thinking about you and He hears you whenever you call out to Him. You are loved!
Until next time,